Tuesday 18 August 2009

6 Quirks of Me

1. I love plucking my eyebrows. Very therapeutic and painful. Yum.

2. I don't like to let the microwave time run out more than once. If I'm reheating something, I will stand by the microwave until the timer gets down to 00:01, take the food out to stir it, then hit 'Add minute' to start the microwave again. If I'm reheating more than one dish, I do the same thing . . . and I challenge myself to go do something else - turn the TV off, for instance - and still make it back in time to beat the beep.

3. My greatest fears are beavers. Seriously, they petrify me. I saw a stuffed one in The Manchester Museum while I was a uni and I swear to you it was hours before my heart rate returned to normal.

4. I am the hungriest after I eat. Because I am a total and complete addict, the pleasure waves that roll through my brain while I'm eating something tasty just make me crave more. I have a much easier time not eating at all than trying to hold myself to one serving of something I like, which means, basically, that I have to diet hungry.

5. Speaking of eating, I prefer to eat all baked goods in their unbaked form. Seriously, I've never met a dough or batter I didn't like. Cookie dough, cake batter, brownie batter, bread dough, biscuit dough, scone dough, pancake batter, muffin batter and so on.

6. I love to sing along with songs I know, turn the volume all the way down in the middle of the song, continue singing for thirty seconds or so, and then turn the volume back up to see if I'm still in time.

I'm awesome. I know x

No comments: