I admit it, I am behind. I have been working on this post for like six weeks and it is finally here!
Bet you're excited.
It's the end of an era. I mean a year. Here's a little questionnaire someone forwarded to me to celebrate 2010. I skipped the questions that bored me. You are welcome to do the same as you read.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Went to a counsellor. Planned a wedding. Went totally nuts. Lost faith. Gained faith. Stayed home. Jumped forty feet out of a window.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Not a single one, and no, I won't. I'm over resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not really... wait.... nope but several people I know but am not close to did. Oh and my blogging friend Page just had a baby girl yesterday (so technically not 2010) after two little boys.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Scatter the fish, my uncle Harry. Both missed in equal measure.
5. What countries did you visit? Just the one. The one I live in. First year not going abroad for ages.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A bit more self confidence. A bit more optimism. Self-mastery. Fajitas.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 13th - the day of the fire. February 14th - the day I realised that we were all amazing. The mid point of May - when I lost myself. The mid point of August - when I realised I was done being lost and started to find myself. And 19th December - amazing tea and amazing other things.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? God it it turning into fire central but I suppose that not
many people get to jump that far that often. Learning (and re-learning) to love my life. And perfecting the art of pie making - thanks Nana! x
9. What was your biggest failure? Well... just failing over the summer. It was yucky and bleak for a lot of time. Other than that, I didn't fail at anything, even my rookie steak stroganoff.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Some lower back crap that took an age to go and some dark head places. Oh and I burned my thumb (damn you spaghetti!) and had the flu.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I don't know. Nothing jumps out at me. I do know that I bought way too much though which given that I can't remember much of it can only mean badness....
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My girls' - every single one of them. My brothers' - all of their many and numerous achievements make me swell with pride; they rock. And, if I had more smarts or more memory then I am sure there would be some public figures I could mention. But I don't!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? So, so many people. I had to learn not to appall so easily. The biggest though? The press generally. Specifically The Daily Mail.
14. Where did most of your money go? Into our bellies and on our wedding.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My birthday. Christmas. Election Day. The new Harry Potter with my sister's name in the credits.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Dynamite - Taio Cruz, isn't that awful?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? (a) Same. (b) Same - but definitely more toned.... (c) Same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Eating, working out, sex, spending time with friends, spending time with family.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating. Stressing. Crying. Not liking me.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Eating yummy food with yummier familiy.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? Many, many times.
22. What was your favourite TV programme? Any of my 'Merries' - Merry Model, Merry Idol, Merry Talent. Oh, and Question Time.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I'm trying really hard not to hate anyone. But sure.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? The shuffle feature on my Ipod...
25. What did you want and get? Everything and nothing. And the things I didn't get, I probably didn't really want. I'm a bit fairweather like that.
26. What did you want and not get? Fajitas!
27. What was your favorite film of this year? My sister's Harry Potter.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I woke up, felt sad, had cake, went to a old car show, went home, argued with Steve, went out for tea. I was 26.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A little emotional stability, but that is done now. And hey, I survived the year, I did good!
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Lacking.
31. What kept you sane? Knowing that things will be fine because they have to be and white wine.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? The Will. The Brad. The David. 2010 was the year of old school.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Goes without saying.
34. Who did you miss? Myself and my friends.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Nah.
New Start - What Gaynor Did Next
1 month ago