|At Top of the Rock, on the first night in NY, about two hours after landing|
Hello my dears, I am back!
We landed at Heathrow about five hours ago and have just walked through our front door... oh, why don't I live in our wonderful fountain view room at the Bellagio? Why? (Yes, Mahj - the buffet was out of this world, OMG, there are no words).
|Being scared by the size of the bear at the Museum of Natural History|
We had the most amazing time, New York was just phenomenal, when we left I honestly didn't think it could get better, and then we hit Vegas. I just can't describe how much I loved it and am trying to persuade Steve and multiple friends to go back for Steve's 30th next July (do you want to come? I would love you to. It will be fabulous).
|My super old and battered Manhatten shoes that I bought in 2003 and have waited to wear in the Big Apple ever since|
|With my donut in Grand Central - a big family tradition started by my Grandpa, so excited that I have now done it too!|
|The footlong at the Knicks game|
I will do a full honeymoon post with photos next week (cleverly I came back just in time for Mother's Day so I am hitting the ground running) but for now, as I am approaching the 25 hours without sleep mark (including a frantic run through Minneapolis airport to get our connecting flight), I will just leave you with a few pictures, dotted throughout this post, and this fun American fact list:
- Americans are OBSESSED with the royal wedding, every morning ABC and CNN had a half hour report on updates that had happened in the UK over night, complete with a reporter outside Buckingham Palace
- They have the show 'Hole in the Wall' just like us, except it is a kid's show. And a weak one at that.
- The Grand Canyon is amazing, just insanely amazing and brilliant. Just you wait to see the photos.
- I love the show Man v. Food. It was my 7pm-getting-ready-to-go-out-show.
- You can wear anything in Vegas. Anything. And no-one will judge.
- American airport security guards do not react well to greasy hair remarks.
- Cirque du Soleil is just breathtaking.
- Steve will get a tad pissed off when he isn't able to buy beer at a Knicks game as he has no ID with him.
- He will be even more pissed when I tease and refuse to buy him any, instead making slurpy noises as I sip my ice cold Bud.
- If you eat like Americans for 12 days, you will gain five pounds. Yep, in 12 days. The detox starts on Monday!
|With Lady Liberty|
|Outside our hotel, the Bellagio, our room is about four windows up, just on the right hand side of the centre|
|In the helicopter, on the way to the Grand Canyon|
|On our boat, through the Grand Canyon - there are no words|
Oh and the Chanello? Guess who charged Chanel sunglasses to her credit card over there? I knew I should have left it at home... x