Wednesday 29 February 2012

Good thing he is pretty...

So I was reading an online newspaper and came across this headline:
'Meet the Great-Grandmother who is only 25 years old!'

Reading between the lines and considering the date, I, of course, understood to what the article was referring and read it outloud to Steve.

There is a silence.

I repeat it and add,

"Guess what date she was born on!"

Steve: Ummm... your birthday?

Me: No.... she is 25 and a great grandmother, guess her birthday!

Steve: How would I know? My birthday?

Me: No! How are you not getting this? She has had 25 birthdays but is actually 100 years old... so her birthday is...?

Steve: HOW THE HELL WOULD I KNOW?! I thought you said she was 25, now she is 100?!

Me: IT IS 29TH FEBRUARY STEVE! For the love of cheesecake! Bloody hell! How else would she be a 25 year old great grandma?

Steve: I just thought she was a really big chav.

1 comment:

Peridot said...

Hmm, let's hope that the baby inherits your brain...!

Px