Tuesday 31 March 2009

Don't ask me why I thought of this...

February 14, 2002 was not a really romantic day for me. In fact it sucked and I'm going to tell you all about it.

First, here's a little tension-building info for you:

*I'd been working at the local newsagents for a few months.
*Also working there was a VERY CUTE GUY who I'll call Paul.

This particular Valentine's Day, Paul and I were finishing a busy shift (people will insisit on buying Valentine's Day chocolates on their way home from work won't they?), we were sweeping up and putting away and just closing the shop in general. We were exhausted, having been on our feet running back and forth around the madhouse all evening. There was still quite a bit of cleaning up left to do and I was feeling tired, pathetic and loveless (typical secondary school Valentine's Day feelings), when Paul suddenly spoke.

P: "Do you have any plans tonight?"

Me: (suddenly feeling significantly less tired, pathetic and loveless because, HELLO, I'm about to be asked out by this boy I'm in love with) "Um, no. Why?"

P: "Well, I thought if you had somewhere you needed to be after this, I'd stay and help you clean up - but since you don't, I'm going to go."

Me: ....

P: "See ya!"

Me: .....