Monday 9 March 2009

Tidying

It's shit isn't it?

Now don't get me wrong, I am not dirty but you could definitely catalogue me in the messy section of society. Our flat is in a semi permanent messy state. Why this happens I don't know, I mean, it obviously can't be my fault - maybe it has something to do with six magazines I buy on average a week or the fact I don't seem to have Mary Poppin's skills of finger clicking (Lord knows I have tried). Either way I just have a lot of stuff. And it is all stuff that I absolutely need. Like old theatre tickets and empty CD cases. However, from analysing my desk at work I think I have realised the core of the problem is lack of knowing of where to put paper.

Paper.

Everywhere.

I think I may even have some sort of disability - I do not have the capability of dealing with paper. I create piles and piles on desks, the floor, on shelves. And then I clean up and they get put into boxes and drawers because I still don't know what to do with them and definitely can't throw them away as they may have something vital written on them (why don't you just read them all, I hear you cry, and then judge which you need and which you don't. Because that would be sensible). Maybe I'll start doodling on every piece of paper I have, that way I can just bind all the paper I own and put it on my bookcase and call it a sketch book. Then all paper will fall into the same category and when I need some old banking information or notes from an important meeting, I'll know exactly where to look. Perhaps.

See solves the problem AND makes me look arty.

No comments: