Monday 23 March 2009

Lesson Learnt

All I'm saying is, I used to judge people who hired cleaners. I really did. I said to myself, "Self? If your house is too much for you to clean, GET A SMALLER HOUSE." "If five kids are too many for you to clean up after, GIVE ONE OF THEM AWAY." For the love of all that is holy, what wanton laziness they were displaying.

Anyway, as is the case with pretty much everything, I have become the woman I used to judge. No, I don't have a cleaner. But, if I could afford one, you better believe that the 24-year-old chick with the able body, the no kids, and the one bedroom flat would totally pay someone else to clean it. IN A HEARTBEAT. Homemaker's pride be hanged!

The lesson here is this: any and every time you find yourself on a soapbox, even if it's just a soapbox in your head, you better take a good look around while you've got the vantage point, and find a nice space for yourself down there with the gross embarrassments to humanity at whom you are sneering.

Also, will someone please come clean my house?

No comments: